here I am again with the second part of my overview of the garden and the work completed so far in the 18 months that we have been here.
From part one you will know that I have covered the first six items on my wish list, which was a rough form of objectives for this project for me to aspire to. We covered quite a lot of ground in the last post and I'm hoping that this second group of objectives will be as successful as the first six!
So to remind us again here are the 12 objectives....
- Child friendly and interest
- Dog and pet friendly
- Construct a fish/koi pond
- Make safe and modernise the raised patio area
- Keep the sense of size and openness of the plot
- Create a sense of intimacy and different areas of interest in the garden
- Open up the country side to the rear of the garden
- Encourage wildlife in the garden
- Make it look nice
- My desire to use ALL types of plants from cottage garden to tropical jungle type planting!
- Use recycled material where possible
- Enjoy it!
- finish decking are behind pond
- create a small wildlife pond and bog garden
- construct two sleeper raised beds for more veg space
- erect some trellis fencing
- tackle the front garden and repair cobbled drive
- build my compost boxes
- and of course...enjoy it!!!